Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some Demos

Okay, let's try this embedding mp3s thing.

Here's a demo of the Stooge:
The Stooge (12-10-09 Demo)
It sounds like I actually decided to record Kevin's vocals on this take, but at the expense of the guitar and bass. I won't let that happen again! (Okay, so I'll use my new mixer to get it right, but really, who wants to listen to the singer?)
It also sounds like my strap-lok gave out for the thousandth time during this recording. During the solo, there are two bars where I abruptly cut out. It sounds like I caught my falling guitar, propped my leg up on the coffee table, and finished the song. You can also hear me cursing my strap-lok at the end of the song.

This demo of Tomorrow came out okay.:
Tomorrow (10-29-09 Demo)
Kevin's vocals get lost during the louder sections, but the Rock will do that to a singer sometimes.

Credits:
Kevin C: Drums
Kevin M: Vocals
Mike: Bass
Ryan: Guitar
Ryan: Music/Lyrics/Shitty Recording

No comments: