Wednesday, February 11, 2009

3rd Jam: Steady Beats

Date: 2/11
Location: Mt Prospect Studios

Jim: Guitar
Mike: Bass
Kevin C: Drums
Ryan: Guitar/Vocals

Kevin C joins us on the drums this week. I also get Mike to come rock the burbs.

After a warm-up jam, we have dinner, and I finally get the PA working for vocals. There was a good, heavy groove going that eventually added a progression (Em-Em-G-D.)

We ran through Stooge a couple of times. I tried my hand at vocals, but a combination of never singing/playing the song and not remembering the lyrics made this difficult.

Jim keeps ripping off Stones riffs -- I gotta get these under my fingers. We did get a little Fire going, followed by some Knockin on Heaven's Door.

Kevin mentioned he had to go about 40 minutes before he actually left, which is always a good sign. We did play some P-Funk at Mike's suggestion to close out the jam. Mike's take, "Uh...that was good...didn't sound anything like the song, but it sounded good." Nice!

Rock

No comments: