Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rock Hurts, Rock Scars, Rock Wounds and Marks

Jim sent out a very well written email detailing why it wouldn't be a good idea for him to continue playing with us.

What?

I wanted to be pissed, but he explained his thoughts very succinctly. He's not interested in gigging, and he wanted to step out at a time when we weren't relying on him. In retrospect, we had always talked about just getting together and jamming. After we quickly got a few songs sounding great quickly, I got excited about having a solid band. If anything, he should probably be mad at me for pushing in a different direction.

So, whereas Jim is a great guitarist, came to the jam every week and brought a ton of energy, and is generally a cool and interesting person to hang out with, it's probably a good call. Everyone's gotta be on the same page. I think Mike said it best: "Well I think I speak for everyone when I say this is a bummer."

Hopefully we can keep the informal and fun jam feel while putting a few things together. We'll see where all this leads...

No comments: