Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blood Brothers

I sent out these tracks:

1) Far Side
2) Fresh Air
3) Daddy's Little Angels

At some point, Kyle again mentioned his affinity for his life outside of the Rock, and his resultant inability to commit the time necessary to be in a band. I thought we were four dudes who drank beer and played riffs in 10 minute bursts, but Kyle's statement now made us a band. Since we were a band, I reminded Kyle that our jam made us blood brothers.

Apparently blood brothers do not need to sacrifice other aspects of their life to Rock hard. I need to find out what relationship does, and make sure everyone in the band has that relationship with each other.

I finished up vocals and lead guitars on a rhythm track I had laid down over the holidays. I finshed that up 1/25, called it The Stooge, and sent it out.

Saw Kevin M at a Super Bowl party. He mentioned he was in a band before. He said he'd be in this band. Solid. Dedicated vocalist. What am I going to do in the band? These are things that can be figured out later.

Meanwhile, I called up the local members of the Rhythm Method. Mike was out this week, but said he'd be down. Ann was in, then realized she played keyboards, which do not rock, and quit. Or was kicked out of the band before she joined. Or actually she just had a doctor's appointment and said she'd make it next time. But probably the whole keyboard realization thing.

Also contacted a couple other drummers. Brian was going to a show the night, but said he would drop by sometime. Kevin C was taking the GMAT the next day, but would be into it.

What did I ever do to drummers?!??! I've got a set here. I try to write interesting parts for drummers. I buy cases of beer. I don't get it...

No comments: